Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Is it really Industry 'Best Practice' to recycle archival tapes?

I don't believe it is, and this is where I disagree with Theresa Payton, chief information officer for the White House Office of Administration. Still, I've only been in the Industry for 11 years, so I might have missed that memo.

Now, if you clicked on that last link you may notice that it contains absolutely no contact information whatsoever - fair enough, the Office of Administration describes its sole function is to advise and assist the President - so I'll have to try the generic comments@whitehouse.gov, and request that they forward this on to the relevant department.

Requesting:
  1. Sources to back up the claim that recycling archival tapes is 'Best Practice' in any industry.

No comments: